Job Description - Maintenance Team Member
Reports to: Maintenance Team Leader
Job Purpose: To assist the Team Leader in the production work and to ensure the work is
completed to the company’s quality standards.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Ensure all equipment is tied down and secure. Ensure all personal protection equipment (PPE) is worn by everyone on the team.
● Safety cones are to be placed beside truck and trailer, all laws and regulations concerning equipment are followed, stop equipment before adjusting, abide by all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations while driving.
2. Maintain Properties
● Maintain private and commercial properties by mowing, edging, spin trimming, pruning, and blowing.
3. Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to spin trimmers, edger’s, blowers, and mowers.
4. Assists the Maintenance Team Leader in interacting with clients by way of answering questions, responding to client’s requests, making reasonable changes to plan, and creating a happy client.
5. Assist the Maintenance Team Leader in completing necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders and client job sheets.
6. Assists the team leader in planning and organizing the job. Also ensures that jobs are completed in the most efficient manner.
7. Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including worksite and equipment.
8. Briefs Team Leader and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
9. Works as a member of the team.
10. Helps, as necessary, with the snow removal during the winter months.
11. Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic of needed repairs.
12. Applies chemicals under the direction of a licensed custom applicator.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: One year’s experience in the lawn maintenance field is preferred but not required.
Skills: Candidate must be able to read and write. Knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but now limited to spin trimming, pruning, and lawn maintenance.
Certifications: Driver’s license.
Physical Demands: Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, bend, or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Job Site Conditions: Employee is regularly exposed to wet/and or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. Must be able to withstand inclement weather conditions, uneven terrain.
Notes: The employee will work closely with members of the team, team leaders, and clients.
Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m Monday - Thursday. Optional overtime most Fridays.
Makeup or additional work on Fridays or Saturdays as scheduled.
Lunch - 30 Minutes
Compensation: Negotiated after a 30-day trial period as described in team member handbook.